Today’s tutorial is NLE specific for Adobe premiere pro, though the logic can be applied to any NLE where you have the option of creating your own custom keyboard shortcuts.
Keyboard shortcuts are essential to learn and use. They help speed up your workflow and allow for an easier path to completion.
This rather long tutorial goes over the complete process I used to create my own keyboard shortcuts, as well as some of my favorite time saving shortcuts I use everyday. Check it out!
Download my own keyboard shortcuts file by clicking here:
If it does not work, then right click (or control+click on mac) and ‘save as’.
Previous Video Editing Tips:
- Tips on Editing to Music – how to set your in and out points when cutting to music in less time.
- Blemishes Be Gone – great when trying to remove blemishes from set shots.
- How to Master Time Remapping – tips on using dynamic link and AE to remove blemishes in set shots with the clone stamp tool.
- How to Write to an Audio Track – tips on how to write to an audio track to control the volume throughout the sequence.
- Save Hours with a Simple Keyboard Shortcut – A Keyboard shortcut tip to increase speed.
- Organizing Your Footage – Tips to save time, and improve your edit.
- Action Jackson – How to cut on Action.
- Taking Advantage of Formats – How to use 1080p footage in a 720 comp to double your footage.
- Premiere Pro – Save Time on Titles – a specific method to save time while laying in titles.